Careers at Speedball
Assistant Product Marketing Manager
This is a key position responsible for a wide array of activities that will drive growth for Speedball Art Products. He/she will support the Product Marketing team in day-to-day analytics, business maintenance, as well as long-term strategic development. The APM will work cross-functionally on product management and partner with Trade and Brand Marketing on key sales and marketing initiatives. He/she will also manage assigned product line(s) and will be the marketplace expert to ensure to build consumer demand, market share, sales and profitability.
The APM will lead or assist the Marketing team on key initiatives such as:
- Lead monthly reporting and business analysis activities. Responsible for execution of category reports and analysis of those reports along with customer reports (including POS where available) to identify drivers of business performance and opportunities.
- Support new product development initiatives, including market benchmarking, consumer research, financial modeling (including pricing and cost development), new item set-up and commercialization materials.
- Contribute to annual planning process, including competitive benchmarking, pricing analysis, and budgeting.
- Lead/support creative projects including packaging development, point of sale elements, digital and social media marketing, and selling materials.
- Inventory management – work cross functionally to manage both finished good and work-in-process inventory.
- Assist Product and Brand Marketing Managers in trade show content and programming. Attend various trade shows.
- Work with Trade Marketing and Sales teams to provide category expertise regarding product assortment and marketing content.
- Contribute to overall online marketplace channel strategy and execution for product categories.
- Four-year college degree
- 1-3 years of marketing and/or general management work experience. Packaged goods and/or arts & crafts industry experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work with data to identify trends, draw conclusions, and make recommendations rooted in the data.
- Experience in retail and online sales support. Amazon Vendor Central and/or Seller Central experience a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – this role will interact with nearly all functions of Speedball as well as suppliers and Sales team. The ability to work cross-functionally within an organization.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit. Demonstrated abilities of resourcefulness, flexibility, thinking with good judgment, initiative, teamwork and a strong work ethic are required. Comfort dealing with ambiguity and a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and stakeholders.
- Willing and able to travel 5-10% of the time.
- Ability to work in Statesville, NC without relocation assistance.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.