Akua Intaglio Ink Best Practices with Speedball Professional Artist Network Partner Joyce Silverstone
March 18 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
In this workshop we will cover the various ways of handling Akua Intaglio Inks to make your prints look their best. We will practice mostly monotype methods on Petg plastic plates, but bring your plates that hold intaglio or relief information to the workshop and we will work with the ways to ink them successfully.
During the workshop we will look at prints together, and spend time practicing with the ink while trouble-shooting individual print projects. Our main focus will be on the ins and outs of manipulating these inks and have them do what they do best.
Demonstrations will include:
- Rolling smooth ink
- Layering colors and printing multiple plates
- Modifying inks for opacity and transparency
- Choosing the paper that will work best for your image
- Printing with stencils
- Creating surface rolls and ‘bokashi’ gradations of color
- Applying subtractive ink strategies
- Inking a line etching, a relief plate, or a drypoint.
- Playing with translucency and luminosity
- Learning the principles of viscosity
- Cleaning up and storage
Bring your questions! Share your experiences with what works and what hasn’t yet. Learn by looking at everyone’s handling of these versatile, economical soy oil-based inks that clean up with soap and water.
For more information, please visit https://www.zeamaysprintmaking.com/